After lots of laborious manual installs and much motivation from my buddy Damian of Mindshare, I decided to write a little script to quickly install and setup a typical environment for WordPress.
This script does the following:
– install apache, php and mysql
– activate typical apache modules
– create directories
– download and un-tar WordPress
– set permissions for wordpress doc root et al
– create database, user, pass and grant to db.
– auto setup typical VirtualHost site file in apache for both http and https
– generate a self signed certificate
Here is the bash script -> http://jasonschaefer.com/stuff/setupwp.sh.txt
download, rename, and chmod 755 and run it like so “./setupwp.sh hostname”
Be sure to understand what the script is doing before you run it :-)